Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Mirror of Erised

The Mirror of Erised shows what your heart most deeply desires at the moment you look at it. It's no accident that "Erised" is desire spelled backwards. Harry was able to see his family when he first found the mirror. Later, when he is fighting Professor Quirrell to save the Sorcerer's Stone, the mirror is what enables him to do it. He desires to have the Sorcerer's Stone just to have it, and not use it, that the Stone magically appears in his pocket. This shows that good overcomes evil and that if your intentions are pure and your desires are strong enough, there is really no limit to seeing your desires realized.


If I were to look into the Mirror of Erised, I think that I would see myself in a few years, happily married with kids. I really want to be married and have kids and for all of us to be extremely happy. If there were a way to photoshop a teacher ID into that picture, I'd have that there too. I really want to be an ESL teacher, it doesn't even really matter what age group.

1 comment:

B. Frye said...

I hope that dream comes true...and I believe you will become an ESL teacher :)